Nobody will notice you used Turkey! This tasty one-pot chili is low fat, high protein, and only one Smart Point on Weight Watchers freestyle.
Eat it as-is, or take advantage of the low points by adding toppings like cheese, sour cream or tri-colored tortilla chips. As pictured, the chili will be 2-3 SP per one-cup serving due to the tortilla strips.
- 1 pound 99% lean ground turkey
- 1 Onion Diced
- 1 Cup Sweet kernel corn
- 1 Packet Hidden Valley Buttermilk Recipe ranch mix
- 1 Tbs Chili Powder
- 1 Cup 0 point Chicken broth
- 2 Cans Red Gold tomato sauce
- 1 Can diced petite tomatoes with chilies
- 2 Cans Ro-Tel Lime and Cilantro
- 1 Oz Tones Taco seasoning mix
- 1 Can Bush’s chili beans with mild chili sauce
- 1 Can Fat-free refried beans
- 1 Can Bush’s low sodium pinto beans
- 1 Can Bush’s low sodium black beans
Start with a large pot on medium heat
Spray a little cooking spray in the pan and add onions
Cook onions, stirring occasionally, until soft
Add ground turkey and brown
As turkey browns, crumble it so you don’t end up with huge chunks in the finished chili. (See the end of this post for my recommended meat chopper.)
While turkey browns, open all the cans.
After the turkey has browned a little, dump in all of the remaining ingredients.
Bring to a boil and turn the burner down to low.
Cover and cook for about three hours, stirring every 1/2 hour to keep beans from burning on the bottom.
Be careful of the tomato sauce. Some can be as high as 11 SP per can! The Red Gold brand I used are 0 SP per can.
If you use the chili beans without sauce, this can be 0 SP per serving. All of the other ingredients in the recipe were 0 SP ingredients. Be sure to check points on anything you substitute.
Adding a packet of these tri-colored tortilla chips adds 2 SP:
I recommend this meat chopper if you want to try to give the turkey a consistency close to hamburger in this dish: